I'm looking for...

Sunday, September 03, 2023

Onam 2023

 Another Onam marked off in my calendar! This one was special because we had a non traditional "Thums Up" drink with our meal. Kind of like Indian Cocacola - that the kids found in the Indian store in Melbourne.  

The day started off with setting up some floral arrangements inside the home - the all important Atha Poovu or flower carpet:

Normally this is actually done on the floor of the home - but I do not find the time to devote for elaborate floral decorations on the floor - not to mention the cleaning up after!




Getting the Onam Pudava - new clothes for Onam ready for the kids:


Making sure my menu is ready and stuck on the fridge door - since I sometimes forget to serve what I made!  :-) 

Taking some time to make a flower garland for my hair - usually it is too cold in Melbourne and the jasmine is not out yet; but this year was special!


Finally setting the table and placing things on the leaf.  Well, it has to be a plastic leaf this time - we can win all the time! 


A close up of one of the plates:


And another year has passed us by!




No comments:

Post a Comment