I'm looking for...

Sunday, October 29, 2023

Paneer Bhurji - Scrambled Indian Cottage Cheese

 Today was a busy day at home - clearing up my son's room. Then a quick run to the green grocer to get some essentials for the week. I found some lovely yellow capsicums at a great price, so I picked up a few. I also had left over paneer from last week, so it is going to be a quick and easy Sunday night dinner with some Lebanese bread and Paneer Bhurji.

I will take the left overs for lunch tomorrow in my sandwich and toast it. Very versatile dish, and the capsicum is my own addition -which you do not normally find in Paneer Bhurji. I added it in as I have so many of them! Back to the grind tomorrow!



Ingredients:

About 100 grams of roughly broken up Indian cottage cheese, paneer.

1 large onion, finely chopped

1 tomato, finely chopped

1 capsicum, finely chopped (optional)

3-4 green chillies, finely chopped

1/2 cup finely chopped coriander leaves and stalks

1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder

1 teaspoon Kashmiri chilli powder

1/2 teaspoon coriander powder

1/2 teaspoon garam masala

1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste

1 teaspoon cumin seeds

2-3 tablespoons oil

salt to taste




Method:

Heat oil in a saucepan. When the oil is hot, add the cumin seeds and wait till they finish sizzling.  Add the onions next and the green chillies.  Saute till the onions become transluscent. Add the ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute longer.  Next add the capsicum. keep cooking till the capsicum becomes soft. 


Now add the turmeric powder, corainder powder, chilli powder and garam masala. 


Saute for a few seconds and then add the tomatoes.

Cook well till the tomatoes turn mushy. Add salt - and check for the done-ness of the vegetables.

Lastly add the crumbled paneer and toss everything well. 


Garnish with chopped coriander. Serve hot with roti, parathas or bread rolls. This dish makes a great lunch time sandwich filler.





No comments:

Post a Comment