I'm looking for...

Saturday, August 08, 2020

Fried Okra (Ladies Finger) - 2 ways

Last October my husband and I decided to go pescatarian. We were really good with our diets until - you guessed it, until COVID happened.  We haven't been to the market to get fresh fish  in ages. The only fish in supermarkets, salmon and flake I get bored of after a while. So we have every now and again indulged in a slice of chicken or meat.  We have been able to get fresh vegetables from our local grocer on a regular basis and the only complaint I have is that some vegetables cannot be frozen - or I do not like them frozen, at all.  Okra is one of those.  I like them fresh and when I get them then it is okra for a few meals till I run out of them.  Today we are going to fry okras - two ways.  The spices are the same, the method is the same. The only question is - do you want your fingers to get messy or not?


Picture 1 - Messy method 
Picture 2 - Non Messy method

Ingredients:

200 gms of okra, washed, dried and slit

1 teaspoon chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
salt to taste

Method 1 - Messy:



Take the dry ingredients in a container, add a little water and make a runny paste.
Using your fingers, place this paste inside the okra and set them aside.

Deep fry in hot oil.  Serve hot with rice and dal or chappaties.


__________________________________________________________

Ingredients:

200 gms of okra, washed, dried and slit

1 teaspoon chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
salt to taste

Method 2 - Non Messy:

Cut the okra lengthwise and place in a plate.  Drizzle all the spice powders over it.  Mix well with a spoon.


Deep fry in hot oil. Serve hot with rice and dal or chappaties.




No comments:

Post a Comment