I'm looking for...

Sunday, May 24, 2020

Eggplant Fritters

Have I told you I love eggplant?  I love eggplant - I can say that again and again...I don't know why, but I just love it in any shape size or form.  Today's recipe is a shallow fried egg plant fritter that melts in the mouth. 



Ingredients:

2 medium eggplants, sliced into thin circles about 2 mm thick.
3 tablespoons chick pea flour
1 or 2  teaspoons chilli powder (depending on how hot you want it)
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
salt to taste
water to make batter
Oil to shallow fry

Method:

In a stainless steel platter, add all the dry ingredients and make a well in the middle.  Keep adding water and whisking and make a thin batter - slightly more liquid than pancake batter. Add salt to taste.  If you make the batter thick, then you can cover the eggplant slice, which is also something you can try.

I wanted the eggplant to show through the batter - so I kept the batter thinner.

Massage the eggplant slices with the batter.  Keep aside for 15 minutes.




In a saucepan, add a little oil and arrange the slices.  Give it about 3 minutes to fry on one side.  



Turn over and fry the other side.  Remove from oil with a slotted spoon.





Keep fried slices on a paper towel to absorb excess oil.

Arrange on a platter and serve hot.



I passed the excess batter through the slotted spoon to get the grille shape for decoration.

Fried eggplant melts in your mouth like butter - it can be had on its own or as a side dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment