I'm looking for...

Sunday, April 26, 2020

Bombay Toast

It is one of those dishes that can be a quick breakfast or a quick afternoon tea snack that satisfies you and keeps you going till the next meal.  It is a take on the French Toast - and this post is for my foodie friend Sharmeen - thank you for those lovely before work breakfast mornings at Cafe Veloci; you with your boiled eggs and me with my French Toast and jam! Yummm!!!!

As a kid I have had many of these usually after school as I came in ravenous, I would gulp down three or four slices a glass of milk and rush right out to play!




Ingredients: 

1 loaf thickly sliced white bread (trust me, this only tastes good with white bread!)

1 egg at room temperature

1 tablespoon sugar

1/4 cup milk

1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence or cinnamon 

oil to toast the bread

Jam, Butter, Honey, Maple Syrup - whatever you feel like to serve with it.

Method:

Beat the egg, sugar, milk and vanilla essence together.



Dip bread 1 slice at a time on both sides in this liquid.  Do not leave the slice inside or it will get soggy and break.



Fry on both sides in a hot skillet to which a little oil has been added.



Serve with accompaniments of your choice.  Today I am having it with Maple Syrup! Yum! 



Makes 4 slices of Bombay Toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment