I'm looking for...

Friday, August 10, 2018

Karyn's Raspberry Brownies


You will think I am weird (I am - but that is not the point) - I am not a huge fan of chocolate.  Don't get me wrong - I love sweets and the stickier and sweeter the better!  But chocolate - I will have a piece now and again but I am not crazy about it.  So when my colleague Karyn brought in brownies she made, I took a tiny piece because she said she made it.  




Well, the taste sensation in my mouth was driving me crazy and I had to ask her for the recipe.  I made it for my family and they loved it too - so here goes, without further ado:

Ingredients:

200 grams dark chocolate, chopped
200 grams milk chocolate, chopped
200 grams butter, chopped




1 1/4 cups caster sugar
3 Eggs
1 cup plain flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup sour cream

150 grams frozen raspberries
100 grams white chocolate, finely chopped

Icing sugar to dust

Method:

Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.  Grease and line the base and sides of a 20 cm square cake pan.

In a thick bottomed saucepan, place the dark and milk chocolate and butter and cook in a very low flame till the mixture becomes smooth and velvety.  Set aside for 5 minutes.




Stir in the sugar and the eggs.  Combine the flour and cocoa powder, sieve and stir into the chocolate mixture little by little.  Alternate with sour cream and combine well.



Finally, fold in half the raspberries and white chocolate until just combined.  Pour into the prepared pan.  Sprinkle the remaining raspberries and white chocolate.






Cook for 45 minutes or till a skewer comes out clean. Set the pan aside to cool completely.  Turn the brownie on to your platter and dust with icing sugar.







We loved it warm.  

Tip:  I covered the top of the pan with a piece of oven proof paper so the top wouldn't get burnt.  I found that I had to cook it for close to 60 minutes for the skewer to come out clean.

Don't be in a hurry to un mould - wait till the brownie cools. It is quite fragile and I managed to break the edge - not that it mattered! 






No comments:

Post a Comment